What’s not to miss at the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen, held June 14-16? Here’s our Top 12 experiences, according to FOOD & WINE Classic event guru Diella Allen.
The annual FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen kicks off this weekend in the heart of downtown, staging the country’s premier cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, and panel discussions led by celebrity chefs and world-class wine experts. Book a spontaneous charter, as here’s your recipe for a savory weekend jaunt.
- Summer Entertaining with Martha Stewart. It’s her first time to the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen, and she’ll kick-start the festivities Friday morning with tasty tips for summer entertaining.
- Farewell Feast: FOOD & WINE restaurants of the year. The magazine recently named its buzzworthy list of the Best New Restaurants for the July issue, and this once-in-a-lifetime walk-around tasting features 10 of America’s most exciting, important, and delicious new restaurants. Single-event tickets are $150.
- Last Call, Presented by American Express. Held at Casa Tua restaurant, join Geoffrey Zakarian for Last Call, featuring The Lamb’s Club signature menu items and craft cocktails. Single $150 event tickets are exclusively for purchase by American Express cardholders.
- Celebrity Chef 5K Charity Run. Jumpstart the weekend during a run with celebrity chefs and wine experts through the city streets and parks of Aspen while raising money for Wholesome Wave and the Jacques Pépin Foundation. Single event tickets are $35.
- Bones, Apples, Garlic, and Plums with Hunter Lewis & Ruth Reichl. FOOD & WINE Magazine’s Editor in Chief Hunter Lewis will interview food writing legend Ruth Reichl. She’ll be discussing her new book, Save Me the Plums, which celebrates her time as editor of Gourmet Magazine.
- Grand Tasting Tents. Blackberry Mountain will be serving food in the Grand Tasting Tents at the Lexus space, including Sweet Tea Brined Chicken Drummette.
- Barbuto Pop-Up Dinner. As part of this year’s new Chef Collaboration dinners, on Saturday night Chef Jonathon Waxman will recreate his lauded Manhattan restaurant in Aspen. Andrew Carmellini & Kate Williams will also team up for a collaboration (with single-event tickets still available here) while Gail Simmons hosts a mentorship dinner with Rick Bayless and Jason Vincent.
- Italian Happy Hour Cocktails with Anthony Giglio. He’s a hilarious entertainer. Will he say yay or nay on the Aperol spritz? Join to find out!
- Best New Chefs in the Grand Tasting Pavilion. This is always one of the busiest spaces of the grand tasting. Sample dishes from FOOD & WINE’S coveted 2019 Best New Chefs
- Taste of Adelaide Pop-Up at the Limelight Hotel. This exciting event is inspired by one of Adelaide’s premier wine tourism destinations, the d’Arenberg Cube. Experience South Australia’s countless wine tourism experiences, and free programming is held all weekend long.
- Rice is Culture with Chef JJ Johnson. He’ll teach attendees all the right ways to cook delicious, crave-able rice dishes at home, and what pitfalls to avoid so you get it right every time. Discover the chef’s top rice-making secrets as he introduces you to pure, ancient grains he’s discovered during his travels around the world.
- Soul Food: Summer Style with Chef Carla Hall. Hair Food will feature Chef Carla Hall creating dishes inspired by its product ingredients, including Sorghum Grain Bowl garnished with Pea Shoots, Tarragon Roasted Chicken garnished Micro Tarragon, and Chai Banana Pudding with Vanilla Shortbread garnished with House Made Coconut Almond Granola.
For the full FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen even schedule, click here. #fwclassic
The Sentient Jet 25-Hour Card and Sentient Jet 25-Hour Plus Card are programs of Sentient Jet, LLC (Sentient®), an “Air Charter Broker” under DOT regulations. Sentient acts as authorized agent for the Cardholder, which is the “Charterer” under DOT regulations, to contract for transportation services with FAR Part 135 Direct Air Carriers that operate and exercise full operational control over those flights at all times. Flights will be sourced through the proprietary Sentient Certified™ Network of Direct Air Carriers that meet all FAA or comparable foreign safety standards and additional safety standards established by Sentient.