Sentient Jet continues to proactively monitor the developments surrounding the global spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In support of these efforts, as an organization, our focus remains on the health and welfare of our clients, operating partners and employees. As these are unprecedented times, our trusted team is here for you as the situation develops and available 24/7 should you have questions. A few commonly asked questions are addressed here for your reference. Please check back for updates to the following areas of focus.
1. How is Sentient Jet monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation?
Sentient Jet has set up an Emergency Operations task force to work in real time with its Network of Operating Partners to keep informed on flu and other health updates including Coronavirus (COVID-19), including prevention tips from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, Sentient Jet is maintaining continual communication with its Network to ensure understanding of any directives borne on them by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and will assist with any and all initiatives.
2. How is Sentient Jet determining where you can and cannot fly?
Sentient Jet’s Flight Operations, Safety and our Network of Certified Operators are jointly monitoring information made available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as other health organizations. This along with information made available from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. State Department help us determine which areas around the globe that we are still operating in at this time.
3. What are the areas that Sentient Jet is currently not servicing?
Based on guidance from the CDC, DHS and TSA, we are strongly encouraging our clients to not travel internationally right now due to the risks associated with COVID-19, however we are still actively, but cautiously arranging travel to some international locations and will continue to offer our traditional domestic services to unrestricted areas.
Please note: As of April 1, 2020, over 170 countries and territories have implemented their own flight restrictions and/or border closure. The specifications of each are individual but overall the vast number of them continue to offer leverage so that foreign nationals may depart out of the Country in order to repatriate.
We are closely monitoring all US and International based restrictions and encourage you to contact our Client Services team should you have questions about a specific itinerary.
4. Can I still book an international itinerary?
If you choose to continue to travel internationally through Sentient Jet (to areas of the world NOT already banned by the US State Department or foreign government) our team is equipped to make every effort to ensure your safety, but please be aware of the following:
- We cannot guarantee travel or customs until day of the flight – new government mandated operating rules and restrictions are changing by the minute
- We cannot accept or guarantee changes within the 72 hour cancellation window
- Once we have incurred costs, you will be responsible for those costs
5. What are you doing to ensure the aircraft Sentient Jet assigns to a customer trip is safe?
Sentient Jet has gone to the market and proactively invested heavily in procuring the most stable source of lift available on the market offering clients and their families a more controlled travel option that is focused on minimizing COVID-19 risk during these uncertain times.
- Access to a Sanitized Fleet:
- The vast majority of aircraft currently participating in the Sentient Jet program are part of the OneSky Fleet of aircraft and have been disinfected using the MicroShield 360 antimicrobial protective coating. Effective against more than 90 pathogens, the clear, odorless, and non-toxic coating is EPA-registered and FDA approved and protects against 99.99 percent of bacteria. Participating aircraft include access to some newest Wi-Fi equipped fleets in in our network, including jet models like the Phenom 300, Legacy 450 and Challenger 350.
- When leveraging aircraft outside of the OneSky Fleet, we have drastically narrowed our sourcing options to ensure we have guaranteed control over safety standards related to crewmember health and aircraft sanitization comparable to the MicroShield 360 technology.
- Crewmember Preventative Action:
- Crewmembers are being transported to and from work via the OneSky fleet; no longer utilizing commercial airlines
- Digital temporal thermometer process in place at staging areas for crewmembers coming on duty
- Additionally, Operators are adhering to specific COVID-19 CDC and WHO Transmission Prevention Protocols as set forth by the FAA. Points of particular attention include:
- Prescribed guidance on best practices to remain healthy while on duty, during flights, along with preventative measures to stay healthy when at home or during layovers
- Supervision and monitoring of personal health as well as fellow crewmembers
- Crewmembers continue to brief passengers on cleaning procedures prior to departure and are encouraged to refrain from engaging as they normally would (i.e. Do not shake your hand).
- In an attempt to be as vigilant as possible, as part of Sentient Jet’s pre-flight review you will continue to be presented with questions or documentation regarding your recent travel. For international itineraries, crewmembers are required by TSA to document these questions and answers.
6. Will the crew be wearing masks?
Yes, crewmembers will be wearing masks.
7. If I am showing signs of the flu or have symptoms similar to those of the Coronavirus can I fly?
We strongly suggest that customers do not travel if they suspect exposure to or feel they may be infected with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). If a crewmember believes that a passenger is visibly exhibiting symptoms commonly associated with the Coronavirus, it will not only put them at risk but the other passengers as well resulting in their right to refuse the flight.
8. Have you modified your cancellation policy?
Sentient Jet’s pre-existing cancellation policy remains in effect. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Client Management to be escalated to a Supervisor.
9. What happens if flights are grounded and the traveler and pilots are stuck in another location?
As an organization, we are making every effort to keep clients informed as we receive new information that may impact upcoming itineraries. While we anticipate that any suspensions of domestic US travel would happen with a short period of notice, the situation remains fluid and much remains unknown, and ultimately out of our control. Communication remains vital. As we learn new information, we are actively updating clients real-time so they may anticipate and avoid such scenarios. We strongly encourage our clients to stay connected with us for any upcoming itineraries where a return may be imperative, but also caution customers that a sudden government directive would also apply to private aviation.
10. Will the aircraft still be equipped with complimentary snacks and catering?
As an added measure to minimize risk and support a more sanitized environment, you may find that your aircraft is not stocked with complimentary snacks, water or soft drinks as you normally would anticipate. Standard catering remains unaffected and can be ordered through our standard pre-flight process. If these more traditional items (bottled water, soft drinks, snack, etc.) are an important part of your flight experience, we encourage clients to order these items in advance with your catering.
11. How does the recent CARES Act impact my pricing?
As a result of the CARES Act, Federal Excise Tax (FET) and segment fees are being waived through the end of the 2020 calendar year. These savings will be reflected in your itinerary pricing from March 28, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
The Sentient Jet 25-Hour Card and Sentient Jet 25-Hour Plus Card are programs of Sentient Jet, LLC (Sentient®). Sentient arranges flights on behalf of jet card clients with FAR Part 135 direct air carriers that exercise full operational control of charter flights at all times. Flights will be operated by FAR Part 135 direct air carriers that have been certified to provide service for Sentient jet card clients and that meet all FAA safety standards and additional safety standards established by Sentient.